Managing Memsource connectors
To set up a Memsource connector in Globalese, you will need to know:
- The API base URL of your Memsource instance. This will take the shape of https://cloud.memsource.com/web/api or similar.
- Your Memsource username and password.
To create a new Memsource connector:
- Go to Administration → Settings, and choose Memsource Cloud servers. To create a new connector, click Create new Memsource Cloud connection.
- The Server name field is the name Globalese will identify the Memsource connection. If you have more than one Memsource instance to connect to, this name will help you distinguish them.
- Enter the API base URL in the Full server URL field.
- Enter your Memsource username and password.
- Click Save.
If all the connection parameters are correct, Globalese will display OK in the Status column in the list of Memsource connectors.
Using Memsource connectors
You can use a Memsource connectors to:
- retrieve TMs and TBs from your Memsource instance
- pretranslate files in Memsource projects
To retrieve TMs and TBs from a Memsource instance:
- Go to Corpora.
- Choose Retrieve → Memsource TMs or Memsource TBs.
- On the Retrieve Memsource translation memories or Retrieve Memsource term bases page, select the language combination, the Memsource instance to connect to, and the group to assign the retrieved resources to in Globalese.
- If there are any TMs or TBs matching your criteria, you can select the ones you want to retrieve.
- Click Retrieve resources.
The selected TMs/TBs will be retrieved from the Memsource instance and stored as corpora in Globalese.
To pretranslate files in Memsource projects:
1. Set up the connection
- Set up a new project, or edit an existing one in Globalese.
- Under CAT server connection, select a Memsource connector.
- Under CAT project, select the Memsource project you want to associate the Globalese project with.
- Click Save.
The Globalese project is now associated with a Memsource project, so you can move project files between the two.
2. Retrieve Memsource files for pretranslation
- Choose Files → Retrieve Memsource files for translation.
- Globalese lists all the files in the associated Memsource project. Select the ones you want to retrieve for pretranslation.
- Click Retrieve files.
You can now manage the Memsource files in the Globalese project.
Note: these files are duplicates of the original Memsource files, and the link is indicated by the Memsource icon next to the file name. Deleting the files from the Globalese project does not affect the files in the Memsource project.
3. Translate Memsource files in Globalese
4. Deliver pretranslated files to Memsource
Once the files have been translated in Globalese, the Deliver option becomes available. You have three options to deliver pretranslated files:
- Select the Deliver option next to the file on the project page.
- Click Deliver on the file page.
- Choose Files → Deliver translated Memsource files on the project page. This will deliver all pretranslated Memsource files that have not been delivered before.
Note: you can only deliver the same file again if you re-translate them in Globalese (e.g. after changing the engine associated with the project).