Managing Smartcat connectors
To set up a Smartcat connector in Globalese, you will need to know:
- The server URL of your Smartcat instance. This should be https://smartcat.ai by default.
- Your Smartcat corporate account username and password.
To create a new Smartcat connector:
- Go to Administration → Settings, and choose Smartcat servers. To create a new connector, click Create new Smartcat connection.
- The Server name field is the name Globalese will identify the Smartcat connection. If you have more than one Smartcat instance to connect to, this name will help you distinguish them.
- Enter the server URL in the Server URL field, or leave the default value if you don’t have a specific Smartcat server URL.
- Enter your Smartcat username and password for your corporate account.
- Click Save.
If all the connection parameters are correct, Globalese will display OK in the Status column in the list of Smartcat connectors.
Using Smartcat connectors
You can use a Smartcat connectors to:
- pretranslate files in Smartcat projects
To pretranslate files in Smartcat projects:
1. Set up the connection
- Set up a new project, or edit an existing one in Globalese.
- Under CAT server connection, select a Smartcat connector.
- Under CAT project, select the Smartcat project you want to associate the Globalese project with.
- Click Save.
The Globalese project is now associated with a Smartcat project, so you can move project files between the two.
2. Retrieve Smartcat files for pretranslation
- Choose Files → Retrieve Smartcat files for translation.
- Globalese lists all the files in the associated Smartcat project. Select the ones you want to retrieve for pretranslation.
- Click Retrieve files.
You can now manage the Smartcat files in the Globalese project.
Note: these files are duplicates of the original Smartcat files, and the link is indicated by the Smartcat icon next to the file name. Deleting the files from the Globalese project does not affect the files in the Smartcat project.
3. Translate Smartcat files in Globalese
4. Deliver pretranslated files to Smartcat
Once the files have been translated in Globalese, the Deliver option becomes available. You have three options to deliver pretranslated files:
- Select the Deliver option next to the file on the project page.
- Click Deliver on the file page.
- Choose Files → Deliver translated Smartcat files on the project page. This will deliver all pretranslated Smartcat files that have not been delivered before.
Note: you can only deliver the same file again if you re-translate them in Globalese (e.g. after changing the engine associated with the project).