Globalese 3.6 released
Starting with version 3.6, Globalese cloud users can quickly take advantage of ready-to-use generic stock engines for the most common language combinations. This addition aims to provide a quick solution in scenarios where a custom engine cannot yet be trained because there is not enough in-domain training material.
At the time of writing, stock engines are available:
- English <> French
- English <> German
- English <> Hungarian
- English <> Italian
- English <> Polish
- English <> Portuguese
- English <> Spanish
- German <> Polish
Please contact Support for queries about further language combinations.
- New projects can no longer be created without an engine.
- Projects can be created using generic stock engines. API users should first query the list of engines for the specific language combination to find out if a stock engine is available or not.
- Engine segment pair counts reflect the real count after training.
- A range of new API endpoints to help manage engines.
- Boolean “ready” property in engine API responses to indicate whether an engine can be immediately used for translation.
- Generic training and translation quality improvements.
- More helpful API error messages.
- No API warnings if deleted groups were specified in the request payload.
- Engine cloning not working in specific circumstances.
- New users not receiving welcome e-mails.
- Better handling of tags adjacent to numbers.
- A sentence-last tag would always be followed by an underscore in the translation.
- If a sentence starts with a tag, the first word gets lowercased.
- Translate button enabled in situations where the file cannnot actually be translated.