Managing memoQ connectors
To set up a memoQ connector in Globalese, you will need to know:
- The full URL of your memoQ server. This will take the shape of http://memoq-server.com:8080 or similar.
- Your memoQ server version.
- Your memoQ API key, if using memoQ 8.
To create a new memoQ connector:
- Go to Administration → Settings, and choose memoQ servers. To create a new connector, click Create new memoQ connection.
- The Name field is the name Globalese will identify the memoQ connection. If you have more than one memoQ server to connect to, this name will help you distinguish them.
- Enter the server URL (including port number) in the Full server URL field.
- If your memoQ server version is 8 or above, enter your API key in the API key field.
- Choose your memoQ server version from the Version dropdown.
- Click Save.
If all the connection parameters are correct, Globalese will display OK in the Status column in the list of memoQ connectors.
Using memoQ connectors
You can use a memoQ connector for two purposes:
- to retrieve TMs and TBs from your memoQ server
- to pretranslate files in memoQ projects
To retrieve TMs and TBs from a memoQ server:
- Go to Corpora.
- Choose Retrieve → memoQ TMs or memoQ TBs.
- On the Retrieve memoQ translation memories or Retrieve memoQ term bases page, select the language combination, the memoQ server to connect to, and the group to assign the retrieved resources to in Globalese.
- If there are any TMs or TBs matching your criteria, you can select the ones you want to retrieve.
- Click Retrieve resources.
The selected TMs/TBs will be retrieved from the memoQ server and stored as corpora in Globalese.
To pretranslate files in memoQ projects:
1. Set up the connection
- Set up a new project, or edit an existing one in Globalese.
- Under CAT server connection, select a memoQ connector.
- Under CAT project, select the memoQ project you want to associate the Globalese project with.
- Click Save.
The Globalese project is now associated with a memoQ project, so you can move project files between the two.
2. Retrieve memoQ files for pretranslation
- Choose Files → Retrieve memoQ files for translation.
- Globalese lists all the files in the associated memoQ project. Select the ones you want to retrieve for pretranslation.
- Click Retrieve files.
You can now manage the memoQ files in the Globalese project.
Note: these files are duplicates of the original memoQ files, and the link is indicated by the memoQ icon next to the file name. Deleting the files from the Globalese project does not affect the files in the memoQ project.
3. Translate memoQ files in Globalese
4. Deliver pretranslated files to memoQ
Once the files have been translated in Globalese, the Deliver option becomes available. You have three options to deliver pretranslated files:
- Select the Deliver option next to the file on the project page.
- Click Deliver on the file page.
- Choose Files → Deliver translated memoQ files on the project page. This will deliver all pretranslated memoQ files that have not been delivered before.
Note: you can only deliver the same file again if you re-translate them in Globalese (e.g. after changing the engine associated with the project).