Managing XTM connectors
To set up a XTM connector in Globalese, you will need to know:
- The server URL of your XTM instance.
- Your client name in XTM.
- Your XTM user ID and password.
To create a new XTM connector:
- Go to Administration → Settings, and choose XTM servers. To create a new connector, click Create new XTM Cloud connection.
- The Server name field is the name Globalese will identify the XTM connection. If you have more than one XTM instance to connect to, this name will help you distinguish them.
- Enter your XTM client ID in the Client field.
- Enter the server URL in the URL field.
- Enter your XTM user ID (not your username) and password.
- Click Save.
If all the connection parameters are correct, Globalese will display OK in the Status column in the list of XTM connectors.
Using XTM connectors
You can use an XTM connector to:
- retrieve TMs from XTM
- pretranslate files in XTM projects
To retrieve TMs and TBs from XTM
- Go to Corpora.
- Choose Retrieve → XTM TMs.
- On the Retrieve XTM translation memories page, select the language combination, the XTM instance to connect to, the customer as used in XTM, and the group to assign the retrieved resources to in Globalese.
- If there are any TMs matching your criteria, you can select the ones you want to retrieve.
- Click Retrieve resources.
The selected TMs will be retrieved from the XTM instance and stored as corpora in Globalese.
To pretranslate files in XTM projects:
1. Set up the connection
- Set up a new project, or edit an existing one in Globalese.
- Under CAT server connection, select a XTM connector.
- Under CAT project, select the XTM project you want to associate the Globalese project with.
- Click Save.
The Globalese project is now associated with a XTM project, so you can move project files between the two.
2. Retrieve XTM files for pretranslation
- Choose Files → Retrieve XTM files for translation.
- Globalese lists all the files in the associated XTM project. Select the ones you want to retrieve for pretranslation.
- Click Retrieve files.
You can now manage the XTM files in the Globalese project.
Note: these files are duplicates of the original XTM files, and the link is indicated by the XTM icon next to the file name. Deleting the files from the Globalese project does not affect the files in the XTM project.
3. Translate XTM files in Globalese
4. Deliver pretranslated files to XTM
Once the files have been translated in Globalese, the Deliver option becomes available. You have three options to deliver pretranslated files:
- Select the Deliver option next to the file on the project page.
- Click Deliver on the file page.
- Choose Files → Deliver translated XTM files on the project page. This will deliver all pretranslated XTM files that have not been delivered before.
Note: you can only deliver the same file again if you re-translate them in Globalese (e.g. after changing the engine associated with the project).